Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Unintentional Self Portrait

"Home Ec"
mixed media collage on paper
5 x 8"

Here is an example of how intuitive work can sometimes be.
I was struggling with the materials and composition on this one.
Eventually I covered up the top section which originally was the bottom section.
The small drawings of a jar of chutney, which I make, 3 bottles of herb vinegars, which I make and the
poppy seed muffins which I also make found their way into the top area.

I posted this on instagram and my fiend Barb said it was a self portrait.
I hadn't been thinking of that.
Just thinking how I can get rid of the very dark area that used to be the bottom
 in the original orientation of the work.

So along with the imagery and the struggle to make the piece work I have to agree that
this is definitely a self portrait.
Thanks Barb!
Miss you!

www.claremurrayadams.com
www.instagram.com/claremurrayadams

No comments:

Post a Comment