Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Monday, February 18, 2019

Documenting the Process

The Secret Lives of Leaves (in progress)

The Secret Lives of Leaves (detail, more progress)

"The Secret Lives of Leaves"
10 x 10"
mixed media collage on board

Photographing the progress of an artwork is a valuable tool to assessing the work and noting the changes.
I neglected to take a picture of the starting point but these 3 pictures show some of the changes and decisions that were made along the way.

I know I should do this more often.
But I find the photographing a disruption to my "being in the moment".
What is even more disrupting is when I take notes of the materials and media used in the layers as I work.
But again this is valuable when I want to repeat something that has turned out particularly well.

I like this piece as it currently stands, but I am not completely sure it is done.
I think I need to live with it for awhile.

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams


No comments:

Post a Comment