Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

"I Can Hear You Smile-Yellow"
mixed media collage on board
12 x 12"

I don't know about you, but we have had so much rain during the past 2 weeks.
The ground is so mushy and soggy that you don't dare walk across the lawn without some serious boots on.
Leaves are too wet to rake and my bulbs aren't getting planted because I would be
just planting them in mud.

The above piece is something I made as part of a "challenge" that the Quilt Surface Design Symposium
hosts every year in connection with their workshops in Columbus OH.
I have never participated in the challenge but always enjoy seeing the work that the participants create for this
part of the symposium.  This year's challenge is based on color.  One is asked to create 4 pieces, one in red, yellow, green and blue.  As soon as I saw this I thought of a small collage that I made several years ago that featured children's legs and feet.  So that is where I am going with this series.

I had fun with this yellow one and the red piece I made earlier.
Sometimes I need a distraction from everyday life (gardening) and the more involved work
that I often do in my studio.  And I have to admit that studio work has been on a back, back burner.
So something like this is an indulgence and also a nudge to get me back in the studio.

I am still working on the "secret art" I mentioned in the last post.
Hoping to get that to state where I can show it here.

I appreciate your staying with me on these long lapses in posting.
Thanks for reading and commenting.

www.claremurrayadams.com
https://instagram.com/claremurrayadams




No comments:

Post a Comment