Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Scapes...Before and After!

Scapes from my Garden

Pickled Scapes

Today I cut all of the scapes from my garlic plants.
You know...those curly tops on the garlic plants.
I love those curly scape tops and hate to cut them off because they look so cool on the plant.
But leaving them on robs the garlic bulb from getting larger.
And who doesn't want big beautiful garlic bulbs?
So I cut them off and then pickle them.

Here are my before and after shots of the scapes.
This is also one of the reasons I have gotten little work done in my studio....
Gardening is a full time job here.
But we are getting to what I like to call "garden maintenance" time...when everything is planted
and I just have to weed and maintain everything.
Maybe I will be in the studio next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment