Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Felting Workshop




Felted Vessels by Susan McClelland

                               Yesterday I took a felting workshop at Praxis Fiber Workshop
which is located in the Waterloo district of Cleveland.  Jessica Pinsky welcomed the 8 participants to her new studio and venture and Susan McClelland taught the class.

I have a little experience with felting and it was fun to renew my interest in it.  I had forgotten how much fun it was to do felting.  Especially in a group of other like minded people and artists.  There is a certain methodical, repetitive, and contemplative aspect to the process which is akin to knitting or quilting that I really like.

Praxis is a great new place for the textile artist.  One can learn weaving, dyeing, shibori techniques, felting and other processes associated with fiber.  Jessica is a talented artist and now a business woman and entrepreneur!  Check out her website ( http://praxisfiberworkshop.com).  Join in the fun!

Workshop Participants felting their first vessel.

Class vessels

Taa Daa!!  My vessels









 

No comments:

Post a Comment