Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Beans, Oh My!


This is what has been taking up all of my time...the garden.
But this is a form of art as well.

I love making this space as creative as possible, working with found materials to create the raised beds and adding flowers to the vegetable garden.  Each year it takes on its own character as I rotate where the vegetables will be and as Mother Nature makes some plants more successful than others.
This year I am having good luck with tomatoes, cucumbers and beans, although the bean plants while very full and leafy are almost done.  The tomatoes are doing better than last year and I am growing potatoes for the first time ever this year. It is all a revelation to me.

I have been in my studio making art as well, but now that I am not working on just the small 6x6" pieces progress is a bit slower.  I am also making some work for the artists book group I belong to and will post those soon.  The "Botanical Lies" piece is one of those works.  And the sculptural piece with the tea bag cocoons I made that incorporated the plastic tubing (also name "A Botanical Lie") is another of the more time consuming works.  My plan for this upcoming week is garden maintenance, which to me means less gardening time and more work in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment