Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Saturday, September 1, 2018

September Discipline

"Nest"
collagraph print on paper
18 x 15"

"Nest"
hand colored collagraph print on paper
18 x 15"

I cannot believe it has been a whole month since my last post.
August was crazy busy and a whirlwind in reference to time.
Gardening, lots of family, teaching workshops, and the usual life maintenance stuff.

But I am back in the studio, with a challenge to myself to complete a month of investigating or rediscovering
printmaking.  I am hoping to do some kind of print process each day and have started with collagraphy.
The top image is the first of 4 prints I did today.
As suspected it did not print completely.
I think I needed to tighten the pressure on my press, which I did.
I made 2 more prints on paper and one on fabric of this same plate.

The bottom image is the first print hand colored with colored pencil.
That is one of the beauties of collagraphs.  One can go back in and rework them or add to them as I
did here.  The raised or embossed surfaces of the collagraph picked up the colored pencil so well.

I will continue to work with this plate for a few more days.
Want to try some chine colle' and other collage techniques.
I promise not to wait another whole month before I post again.
Daily images without all of the explanations I put in a blog post can be seen on instagram.
Thanks for staying with me!

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams

No comments:

Post a Comment