Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Remnants of Another Life

"Remnants of Another Life"
mixed media collage and painting on canvas
30 x 40"

This is the last large work I did in 2016.
It is comprised of a vintage yellow and white quilt that had embroidered squares.
The deconstructed quilt takes on a new identity in this form.
The idea of quilt that we easily recognize is challenged.

Doing the work itself was quite challenging.
I have some remnants of this yellow quilt left and am at work on a second piece
where the quilt is deconstructed
and reinvented.
I did some deconstructed work when I was in graduate school and want to return to the thinking and conceptualizing that pushed me to create work that offers alternative realities of an object's usual connotation.

www.claremurrayadams.com
https://instagram.com/claremurrayadams

No comments:

Post a Comment