Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Still Winter Here!

"The Weight of Winter - Jan 23"
oil and cold wax on paper mounted on board
with collage
15.5 x 12"

As I look out my window today, winter is still upon us.
Not with snow but with ice this morning.

This piece is the fourth in a series of five that I did in January.
Ohio winters have a varied look and feel.
They run the gamut from white and snowy to gray and overcast.
We've had lots of gray this year.
My take on this series is more about the emotional aspects of winter.
That heavy, oppressive, weighty feel of short days that seem excessively long.
But it has been good to have the time to do this work.
I love exploring new media and finding a way to make it my own.

I recently put the five "Weight of Winter" pieces on my website.
I do like the great black and white contrast in these pieces.
The hints of green and pink as the series grew foretells the coming of spring.
Check them out on the website!
They are for sale.

www.claremurrayadams.com
www.instagram.com/claremurrayadams



No comments:

Post a Comment