Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Sunday, January 12, 2020

The Weight of Winter

"The Weight of Winter - Jan.8"
oil and cold wax on Arches oil paper with collage on panel
15.5 x 12"

While we haven't had very much of a snowy winter as winters go in Ohio,
the day I started this small painting we had a good three inches of snow.
It was cold and kind of gray.
I do like all of the seasons that we have in Ohio but often, snow or no snow, winter can be oppressive.
It is not just the weather but also the cabin fever, the lack of sun and being outdoors, and a routine
that is really no routine (if you know what I mean.)

I have a few more of the panels I used for this piece so want to continue this series throughout January.
It will be interesting to see what my mood inspires as the unusually warm winter weather continues.

www.claremurrayadams.com
www.instagram.com/claremurrayadams


No comments:

Post a Comment