Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Snow Day = Studio Day

This is the path to my studio today! 


New Work, as yet untitled
part one of 6 individual panels
6.5 x 9.75"
mixed media collage

The predicted snow storm arrived in full force yesterday with about 5inches of snow when I went to bed.
But with the wind and additional snow we have drifts that are a foot in some places with other areas
only about 2 inches.  Crazy!
But a good day to work in the studio.

I shoveled the path to get out to my studio to get some more supplies.
As I mentioned in my last post I am working in my "pop-up" studio in the house to save on the electricity
it costs to heat my studio which never really warms up all that well.

The piece above is the start of a new series that will go into a window frame like the one in
"In Case I Forget". ( See post on July 23, 2018)
That piece was about dementia and this one is about the effects of aging, as well.
Just things I can't stop thinking about and am trying to deal with through art.

So now that I have made the trek outside to get some more materials I am off to work.
Hope everyone stays warm and cozy over the next days that are promising maybe not a lot more snow
but lots of wind and really cold temps.

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams


No comments:

Post a Comment