Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Saturday, January 5, 2019

New Year's Dilemma

from the "Self Portrait at 60" book

Like many, I view the beginning of the new year as another chance, a new start.
I do some routine tasks like organize, clean cupboards, looking at a brand new year as a brand new start.

While I don't always keep them, I do make up to three resolutions.
My thought is too many resolutions won't have a chance of being kept.
I try to be realistic although I have a continuing resolution of "paring down", purging, getting rid of stuff.
Sometimes this lasts for several months but usually only several weeks.
Hence the need to repeat it year after year.

One of the resolutions is always an art related one.
But I am stumped this year.
I think I am in a kind of slump, a creative desert, with a feeling that I  have nothing of value to say.
What to do?
What resolution will move me forward?
Should I go forward, with or without a resolution, a germ of an idea, a sense of priority?

I probably will.
Making art is part of me.
And as I have said in previous posts, when in doubt...make a collage.
So I will start there.

Happy New Year to you all!

www.claremurrayadams.com





No comments:

Post a Comment