Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Thursday, July 12, 2018

My Self-made Residency

Work in Progress
mixed media collage
10x6"

While I have been in the studio since July 1 on my "Self-made Residency" and I have been working,
it has primarily been completing works that have been promised for upcoming exhibits
 that I have been invited to participate in.
I always enjoy working on pieces that are directed by someone else's concept.
They often challenge me in ways that are different from my own concepts
But now it is MY time.  My own work.  My own concepts.

The image above is a work in progress about aging and dementia.
It is a subject I have been thinking about for over 6 years and wanting to comment on but just couldn't
pull all of the various ideas and research together.
I think I have hit up what it is I want to say about dementia and about my great aunt who
definitely had dementia, if not Alzheimer's.

There will be six images in all presented in an old window frame.
More to come.

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams

1 comment:

  1. It's a subject a lot of us dealings with. It's very common in my family I did a piece years ago on it. love the self-made residency

    ReplyDelete