Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Restoration of Sorts

"Education + Water = Life"
mixed media collage on board
8x8"

I have been reading a great deal lately...part of my recharging effort.
One of the books is May Sarton's Journal of a Solitude, which I read a number of years ago.
I have always liked her writing, especially her journals, which are so honest and full of references to other things
I know that I should also read.

This morning she wrote about resting the psyche,
It was a January 18th post, so there were also references to the cold and snowy weather, similar
to what I see out my window today.  In the journal entry she wrote:
"The most valuable thing we can do for the psyche, occasionally, is to let it rest, wander,
live in the changing light of a room, not try to be or do anything whatever."

She went on to say that the resting of her psyche has left her "in a state of grace,
limbered up, less strained."  
I too feel that I am beginning to come out of my doldrums.
I am recharged and getting closer to resuming my normal studio routine.
The work above is evidence of me being restored.

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams

No comments:

Post a Comment