Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Friday, February 23, 2018

A New Home for This Artwork

"Late Season Sweet Potatoes"
mixed media collage
19 x 18"

This work is from my Botanist's Journal Series.
I wrote about it before, but briefly is is based on some journals of my Dad's
that he did for a botany class in college.
He must have had to draw the plants and write something about them.
I photocopied the drawings and his writing.  (He had beautiful hand writing!)
Then, as a mixed media artist does, I incorporated both his drawing, which I enhanced, and his writing
into this work.  It is one of my favorites in the series.
And I am so happy that it has found new home!
I always enjoy knowing that my work is in some else's home living a new life.
Enjoy, Emily!!

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams

No comments:

Post a Comment