Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Laying the Ground Work

Jan. 22, 2018
mixed media collage on paper
5x8"

In the previous three collages, where I have been experimenting with layered text, I started with
a complete sheet of newspaper or page from a catalog and worked the composition from there.
In this piece I was very deliberate in the original layer to use a variety of fonts and sizes.
The beginning layer here was a composition all of its own.
You can see the beginnings of this collage in my Jan. 18th post where I was working in
my Pop Up Indoor Studio.

Using the different texts, fonts and sizes really influenced the composition.
 For the better.
Laying a good foundation is as important as what is going to go on top.

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams

No comments:

Post a Comment