Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Baby, It's Cold Outside

POP UP Indoor Studio
(aka the kitchen)

I got the electric bill the other day.  Yikes!  Warming my studio is costing me a lot.
It takes at least an hour or so for it to warm up to a temperature where I can work in there
with a coat and boots on.  I did that all of last month and now I have a whopping bill to pay.
So I did what any sane person would do...I moved my studio into the house.
That way we are only heating one building not 2 or 3.

Advantages...it is warm, often with a fire in the pot belly stove.  Aaaahhh
Disadvantages...I have to clean up after I work because I am making art on my island.
My new butcher block island top!  So I can't be careless, hence the white paper under the work.

This isn't all of the supplies I need as a mixed media artist.
Everyday I find myself going out to the studio to get a few more items.
But at least I can still work and it is warm.

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams




No comments:

Post a Comment