Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Monday, December 18, 2017

Third Time's the Charm

Dec. 6, 2017 Collage

Dec. 7, 2017 Collage

Dec. 8, 2017 Collage
mixed media collage
5x8" each

These three collages were made from an older collage that I deemed unsuccessful.
As I cut the older piece into the 5x8" pieces I am using for my "almost daily collages" I realized that there was another older work on the back of this piece as well.
So now I am reworking this piece of paper for a third time!

What I had to work with after I cut the old collage into the 5x8" rectangles was a rich dark brown painted background with some strong black circular shapes.
The apple shapes came from a paper I found in my stash of possible collage papers. Also incorporated are bits of rusted papers,  an eco printed paper in the the Dec. 7th collage, and in the bottom piece a section of silk screened fabric.

I had so much fun with these and they seemed to take on a life of their own.
I liked the way the oil crayons responded to the dark brown acrylic paint layer.
I enjoyed incorporating the fragments of the black circles that remained after I adhered the apple collage elements.
The marks on the deconstructed silk screen fabric found their way from the 
fabric into the fruit.
Loving this color palette!  

I just put these pieces on my website.
And I am now selling my artwork directly from my website.
These 3 pieces would make a wonderful grouping matted, framed and hung together in a 
small intimate space.
They are $15 each and you can find them in the Mixed Media Gallery under 
Until January 20, 2018 I am offering 10% off any work on my site and free shipping!
I hope you will take a look at my newly reorganized website.

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment