Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Friday, February 3, 2017

Studio "Crash" is Complete!!


Here is my new studio table!  It is at a height so I can walk around it and work on large pieces.
No more working on the floor!  Yeah!


This view shows the painting and collaging area on the left.  The area beyond the new high table is for encaustic painting.  My printing press is in the foreground.



It has been over 12 years since I've had a sewing table that was at the right height.
This is the sewing area with most of my fabrics in that cube shelving unit.
The thread, notions, etc. are in the unit to the right of the sewing machine.


And my very favorite space saving element is this under-a-counter rack for storing my framed artworks.  Thanks Joe Martino for this idea and John for helping me select and install this.

Previously this space held various materials and supplies.  I got rid of a lot of things that I no longer use or want to use.  Some things went to the Goodwill, some to the church rummage sale, some things I sold and some had to go to the trash.  But having the art under the table freed up the top of this counter for another working space.

Yes, I still have a lot of stuff in a small space.
But it is all organized.
I have been working this past week on the new table and using the sewing machine.
So far, so good.
It was worth the whole month it took me to do this.
Now, it is back to the business of art making!






No comments:

Post a Comment