Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Encaustic Vessels

Encaustic on Paper Vessel
approximately 6x4x4"

I am making a grouping of these that will display together.
The images are from drawings of faces I did a while ago.
The original drawings are on old calendar and map pages so they have some underlying information on them.
I transferred them to thin paper so I could make the boxes /vessels semi-transparent.
This one has a sheer fabric with a floral design over top of the portrait on the box.
That is where the color comes from in this piece.

They would probably look cool with a light inside of them but that is not where I am going.
But they will each have an object inside that references the character of the person.
More on that later.

www.claremurrayadams.com
https://instagram.com/claremurrayadams
www.claremurrayadams.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment