Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Monday, November 28, 2016

"Codex 64", encaustic on paper


"Codex 64"

More Encaustic on Paper.
Title:  "Codex 64"
6 x 12"

Layers of primarily transparent and semi-transparent materials.
The detail on the left shows the layering of different texts and the detail on the right shows the holes and some of the burnt areas.  Initially the scorched areas were an accident, but I liked them so other burned and scorched areas were intentional.

I am also experimenting with ways to display or present
these pieces and have settled on, for now, attaching them with
linen hinge tape.  I secure half of the hinge tape to the artwork using wax and then the top half to the mounting board.  So far that is working because these pieces are pretty light weight.

These pieces aren't on my website or in my Etsy shop yet but will be soon.
Get 15% off anything in my Etsy shop until Dec. 31. 

www.claremurrayadams.com           www.claremurrayadams.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment