Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Deconstructed Silk Screen Before and After



I wanted to test my new deconstructed silk screen fabrics using encaustic paint.  So I cut a 5x7" piece, mounted it on a wooden board and worked with it as I usually do with encaustic paint and wax.

The marks one gets from the deconstructed silk screen process are already so beautiful
 it is hard to hide any of them.
But I did.
I added some more color to bring out the "X".  There is some collaged transparent papers here and some writing with ink after the wax cooled down.

As you can see if you compare the before and after pieces, the use of the wax does dull
or tone down the color of the dyes.
The X doesn't have any additional color on it, just the layer of medium that I used over the whole piece.
As I write this I think I will try another sample where I use the encaustics in some places and not in others.

I also tested one of the paper pieces, so stay tuned for that result.

No comments:

Post a Comment