Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Twitter Art Exhibit project

Autumn Offering
4.7 x 6.3"
mixed media collage

I finally succumbed and joined Twitter.  I guess I just didn't have enough to do with Facebook, Etsy, blogging, and oh yeah, making art.  But people (young people) and the guy from the marketing workshop I took all said that social media is the way to go and Twitter is an important part of that. So now I tweet.  What next?  Instagram?  Probably.

So as I was going through the Twitter site trying to see how this whole thing works I came upon the Twitter Art Exhibit.  The project asks artists to donate a handmade postcard of a specific size that will be sold with the money going to Foster's Pride, an organization that helps young women in foster care create and market a line of unique goods.
This is right up my alley.. artwork, postcard size, donation to a good cause, with the added bonus of connecting with new people from all over the world.

Check it out.  Deadline for entries is in the middle of March.  www.twitterartexhibit.org
Now I got go...I need to tweet this blog!!


1 comment:

  1. This is SO you, Clare, a wonderful cause, and a truly delightful piece.

    ReplyDelete