Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Monday, January 11, 2016

Back to Work...Finally!

Divergence 1
8x10"
watercolor, charcoal, ink and stitching on paper

Wow!  This is the longest break I have taken from my blog since I started it  a little over a year ago.
I hope you are still out there!
The holidays were busy and a trip to New York City intervened making time to photograph art and get it to my blog a little challenging.  But I think I am back into a working routine.  At least I hope so.

Susan McClelland and I are showing our "Divergence" collaboration again in February at Lorain County Community College and we wanted to add to the installation by creating some drawings related to the three dimensional pieces that we will be showing. So the next few blogs will be the drawings for the show.

The exhibit entitled "Divergence: Points of Departure" is scheduled for February 24-March 23, 2016 at Stocker Gallery on the campus of Lorain County Community College.  I will include some pictures of the installation as it looked at Kent State Stark Campus in August 2015 in my next post and more details about the upcoming show and reception.
Thanks as always for your interest in my work and my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Break a leg Clare! Wish I could be there, but I know it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! An installation always takes on a different look depending upon the space, so we are looking forward to seeing this new incarnation.

      Delete
  2. I've never been to that gallery, but will look it up and hopefully get to experience your sculptural work in person too! I find it even harder to appreciate sculpture online than other media. I am also particularly interested in how artists who collaborate work together or in response to one another. I look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete