Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Friday, September 25, 2015

End of the Growing Season But Not the End of Its Beauty



I had to drop off some artwork at Rachel's house and in her kitchen she had this amazing display of dried flowers hanging from the overhead beams.  Why didn't I think to do that?!
I have seen hanging dried flowers in books and magazines yet I had not really considered doing anything with them in my own house.
Or maybe I had, but didn't realize how stunning it would look.  And how much I would enjoy the beauty of plants that are past their prime.

We have acres of beautiful wildflowers and weeds growing in fields and woods.
We have beams and rafters in our house.
I always have several flower arrangements in the house starting with pussy willows in the spring and running the gamut of flowers growing throughout the summer and fall. 
But once the frost comes I feel like that part is over.  But now it doesn't have to be.

I immediately came home from Rachel's and started cutting the end of the growing season to bring indoors.
What a beautiful installation of shapes, colors, textures, sizes and smells.
Thanks Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment