Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Saturday, September 5, 2015

By the Skin of My Teeth!



Botanical Lies  (reverse side)
Accordion fold book

I promised myself last Sunday that I would finish this within the week.
When I wrote that, I was sure it would be done by Tuesday.
It is now Saturday and technically the end of the week long time period I set for myself.
I guess I finished this on time by the shin of my teeth!

I often find that it is difficult to get back to a work and get into the right mind set to finish something when a lot of time has passed, as it had for this work.  I was really into it in July, but other aspects of life took over and I kept making excuses for not working on this.  But I did have fun finishing it today.
Sometimes it is just a matter of getting myself out to my studio.

This work will be in an exhibit of artists books based on a garden theme to be on display in the Ingall's Library of the Cleveland Museum of Art.  The people in this art books group are very talented and make really exciting and interesting artist books.  The exhibit is on display in Ingall's Library located inside the Cleveland Museum of Art from September 29 through October 30th during the Museum's library hours.
A special showing of the books in the Atrium of the Cleveland Museum will take place on Wednesday, October 14th from 6:30-8:00 PM.  Many of the artists will be there to talk about their books.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment