Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Booth at Bellissimo Art Fair!




So..the art fair was this past Sunday.  It was hot!  In the 90's and humid.
But the rain held off until after the fair.  I had a fun time talking with people I hadn't seen in a long time and meeting new people.
Gervasi Vineyard was a beautiful venue and everyone there was more than accommodating throughout the whole day.
Since I hadn't done an art fair in about 35 years(!) this one was a good re-introduction to art fairs.  I made some sales and am happy to say that I am glad I participated.


People seemed to enjoy looking through the portfolio rack with my 2-sided collages.
These are artworks that  made a few years ago documenting the changes that occurred weekly on the farm where I live.  This piece (above) is from October showing a rainy day.
The reverse side (below) shows a brighter day with abstract kites flying in the air.

When I worked on these I would start with collage elements that I usually stitched onto the paper.  Of course the stitching affected the reverse side as well.  So I would flip the piece over, add some collage elements here as well as some paint.  Flip over again, collage, paint, stitch, flip until I was satisfied with each side.
  
I will be doing another art fair in November and now am really looking forward to it.
I want to send a big "THANK YOU" to all of my supporters, customers and friends for making Bellissimo Art Fair a positive and memorable event.  And a special thank you to my husband for his never ending encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment