Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Observation and Anticipation

Observation
6x6" Print

I have been away for a few days visiting family in Texas where I attended my niece's wedding.
A good time was had by all and now it is back to the studio and the gardening.

A number of years ago I made this print that combined chairs with a pair of eyes "observing" the scene.
I love chairs and this photo of rows and rows of chairs seems fitting for the season when graduations, weddings, and reunions take place.  I must confess that I did not take the photo.  I don't know who did.  And I don't remember how I came upon the photo, but I have loved it for its repetition and solitude.  It also speaks to me of anticipation....the anticipation of an event where the chairs will be filled with people.  Where each guest will be "observing" and participating in some way in the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment