Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Essence of a Flea Market

Pink Velvet Seats
6x6"

There is always so much to look at when one visits a flea market, no matter where it is located.   I get easily distracted by the variety of objects, colors, and arrangements that I see.  It is similar to the way I view an art exhibit.  I want to run through the whole exhibit (or flea market) and see what is there.  Then go back through and see everything again, savoring and dwelling over the things  that really draw me in.
This collage is  an example of that phenomenon.  Chairs, umbrellas over cafe tables, and light posts all call to me in a compact area of the flea market.  There is an atmosphere created by outdoor flea markets that I tried to capture here.  Old yet alive.  Dark yet festive.  Casual and at the same time elegant.

 This is another mixed media collage from my Chairs of Paris series.  It is on a wooden panel with encaustic measuring 6x6" and priced at $75 with free shipping in the US.  To purchase, please visit my Etsy shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment