Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Realism or Abstraction?

Red With Thread      6x6" on board

Realism or abstraction?  What do I (or you) want to convey in an artwork?  Are these 2 disciplines so totally different from each other.  I guess it depends on who you talk to.  I think there are many connections between the two that allow one to explore creativity, offering new relationships and opportunities to get somewhere new in one's work.
Much of my work includes aspects of both traditions.  Sometimes more of one than the other.  Throw in that I like to sew, whether it is on fabric or paper, I am all in for experimenting with the contrasts and similarities that exist between the two.

This piece is 6x6" on board and priced at $60 with free shipping in the US.
Visit my Etsy shop to purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment