Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Friday, February 6, 2015

One Light & One Dark


This is the beginning of two new Upcycle pieces.
So I am showing the "before" images.  They are mounted to their 6x6" cradled boards, ready to go.

Sometimes it is good to work on two pieces at once.  It gives me thinking time and helps me not rush the process.  I get impatient and have been known to sand or scrape before layers are dry, which is totally counterproductive.

These pieces might take me longer to get to as I am preparing for two exhibits that will open in a week or so.  That means I will be spending time in the studio finishing the pieces for the shows.  One of the works is the nine small works in the "Sun Series".  The artwork is done, but the edges need to be addresses/finished.


I used to be so good at making sure I totally finished a work, including edges, hanging devices, photographing, documenting, etc.  But for some reason I have neglected to keep up with some of these tasks which are just as important as the artwork.  That is the craftsmanship side of art making.

So my posting may be a bit less often this next week, but I will be sure to send images of the exhibits.  And of course, I will send the progress on these two pieces...one which is light and one that is dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment