Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Return to Doors

Back Alley
Part of the Upcycle Series

When I first started making quilts in the late 1980's and 90's windows and doors
were a large part of the imagery I used.

I have always liked the geometry that these architectural elements present.
Their visual impact carries a lot of emotional, social and sometimes cultural connotations.
Doors allude to the ideas of openings and closures, entrance and exclusion.

What kind of place is this with its dark exterior and crooked door?
Do I want to enter or stay out?
Is it day or night?
There is something both lovely and rich about the colors.
It is artistic intuition at its best.
I really like this one!

This piece is 6x6" and priced at $75 including shipping to the US.  To purchase please email me.


2 comments:

  1. I really like this one too! It's so interesting, Clare, to read about your process. Coming from a completely different process and approach, its really fascinating to me the way you let the piece talk to you as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. I am learning a lot about my process by writing this blog.
    I analyze more after the fact than I used to.

    ReplyDelete