Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Monday, January 5, 2015

Yikes...A New Year and Already Behind!

Sunday's Study

We all know that the new year is time for resolutions and new beginnings.  And usually I am on top of this, at least for a week or so.  But I got blind-sided and have not been in the studio until yesterday, which was Sunday.  So even though I am posting this on Monday, I did make it yesterday...on Sunday.
I want to spend some time making a few small artworks before I dive into a new body of work.
I think these small collages are what I need right now.  Working small is rewarding but also challenging.  Small pieces give me some immediate gratification because they can be completed in a short amount of time.  But the down side, at least for me, is that the plane on which I am working is really small.  In this case the working space is 4x4", the inside of the back of the cradled boards I have been using.  Those of you who know my work, know that I like to put things in boxes, so the boxlike back of the cradled board is a natural space for me.  The collage is raised and seems to float inside of the space.
As always I welcome your comments!

This piece is priced at $35 and includes free shipping in the US.  To purchase or for shipping costs to other countries please email me.




No comments:

Post a Comment