Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Photocopies, Bleached Paper, and Remnants


Almost Daily Collages
mixed media on paper
5x8"

On my work table in my studio I have this tray of papers and materials that I have working from for the past several months
From time to time I add more bits and pieces.
I enjoy sifting through these remnants, seeing what I can do with them.
Often the work is sparked by the new additions, but the pieces on the bottom of the pile also
hold some fodder for inspiration.

For these two pieces I spied, not in the tray but laying on top of my printer, an accordion fold book I had made
comprised of rusted and stained papers with some leaves attached.  I decided to photocopy it and work with what I got.
This was the new addition to that day's work.
It is amazing how the photocopied image in black and white took on another persona.
 (If leaves and stitching on paper can have a persona.)

The light marks on the black paper in the bottom piece were made by bleaching the paper.
That particular piece has been the tray of materials for months. And I am pretty sure I made it 2 years ago
as an example of bleaching for a class I was going to teach.
There wasn't much of it.
But I knew I shouldn't / couldn't throw it out.
Glad I had it in that pile of collage materials.

www.claremurrayadams.com
http://instagram.com/claremurrayadams

No comments:

Post a Comment