Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Saturday, June 24, 2017

New Garden Fence!!

Old Garden Fence
New Garden Fence


Early in the Spring, I asked my husband if he would make me a new garden gate.
The current one was pretty wonky and had a huge gap at the bottom...easy access for the bunnies.
You can see in the top picture the window screen that I used to block that gap.

He did my request one better.  He ordered a whole new fence with rabbit guard wiring attached.
We had a larger area enclosed than the previous garden.  It included along with the raised beds and blackberry bushes some young blueberry bushes that were in wire cages and his two year old persimmon trees.
Also enclosed at the back is my compost bins.

I loved the fence made from trees cut from the woods on our property, but that fence was 12 years old and beginning to deteriorate.  We decided to keep the tall pergola that was what the the old gate was attached to and also the wrought iron fencing at the back of the garden.  The new fencing looks great!  The gate is easy open, easy close and rabbit secure.
Thanks John!!

I'm sure the garden is doing so well (knock on wood) in part due to the new fence.
Or at least that is what I want to believe.

www.claremurrayadams.com
www.instagram.com/claremurrayadams


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have a gorgeous garden and it looks like a lot of work. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete