Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

More Paint...Less Collage

"The Lesson in the Work"
30x40"
acrylic painting with collage


Circles seem to be a constant in my work of late.
I did a sun series last year around this time and now am working with the circle in a larger format.
My goal is to work abstractly and from the gut, so to speak.
Emotional responses to the paint, the composition and the size of the canvas.

Paint hasn't been the main media in my work in a long time.  It is collage that has taken the front seat.
These new works are larger.  I haven't done paintings of this size since my under graduate days and while there is collage here, it is taking a back seat to the acrylic paint.

I must say that I am having fun but I have a ways to go.

www.claremurrayadams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment