Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Kind of a Secret

Written on the Wind       6x6" on board

This mixed media collage was adhered to the wooden panel without any gesso so around the edges some of the grain of the wood shows.  Some of the painting was done using a mask to block out areas and save the underlying colors.  I also did some negative painting.  The four red floating shapes were painted on silk organza and collaged over top of the board.
I really love using the shorthand paper.  It has that calligraphic mark making quality that I like.  The other text on the left is from a music notebook and I think it is Italian.  I like that what is written is kind of a secret...only meant for someone who can read these marks.  The idea that it is "written on the wind" adds to the elusive and private quality of the work.

The piece is 6x6" on board and priced at $60 with free shipping in the US.  It can be purchased through Etsy.  Outside of the US?  Please convo me for a quote on shipping costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment