Sun Series #1

Sun Series #1

Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Little Left of Center

Left of Center
More from the Upcycle Series

I received a comment when I posted some of the cut up painting pieces that the light side of the old painting was more interesting because the stitching was more apparent.  I think that each side has its own visual impact.  That is why I had such a hard time figuring out what to do with them originally.  I like both sides and wanted them both to be viewed.  But sometimes you just have to let go of an idea and let the art work have its say.  So now, in this series, I am using the pieces and only one side will be seen.

In this work I started with the lighter side of one of the pieces.  As you can see it didn't stay as light as it was originally.  I should have taken a before picture and will do so with the next light one. But when sitting next to one of the darker Upcycle pieces it is still light.  Although keeping it light is not one of my objectives.  I am more interested in making an interesting small work with textures and and nuances of the surface that was inspired by the cut up acrylic painting that i did so many years ago.

This piece is 6x6" and priced at $75 including shipping.  To purchase please email me.


No comments:

Post a Comment